Thursday 1 January 2015

Moisturize & Sealing Natural Hair - LOC Method


Happy New Year Everyone!! Wishing you the very best and I hope 2015 will be a good one!! So today I want to talk about natural hair and moisturizing!!Moisturizing is by far one of the most important things that you must do to keep your natural hair healthy, free of breakage and retaining length. A lot of naturals or transitioners out there may have the common problem of dry, dry hair. This could be due to many reasons but the LOC method has never failed in giving me the replenishing and long lasting moisture that my hair has thirst for, especially when I’m in protective styles! Try it out and see what it does for your hair!!

For liquid/leave in, I used to just use water that my hair absorbed from the wash day process, but recently I purchased the African Pride Shea Butter Miracle Leave-in Conditioner (from paks) and I’m really happy with it. It is very contributing in the process of the LOC method and has a sort of creamy substance; however, I do not ever use it on its own because my hair won’t feel moisturized for long. You can purchase any leave-in conditioner of your choice as long as the first ingredient is water (aqua).

Coconut oil is my most fav oil out of all oils and my LOC method is not complete without it. I use the KTC Pure Coconut Oil from paks and it is at a very reasonable price. Coconut oil is a very lightweight oil so it doesn’t weight down my hair much and just has so many great benefits. I also add a bit to my scalp  at this point. Other oils are: olive oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, rosemary oil, tea tree oil, argan oil etc

Finally for my cream, I have a DIY Shea Butter & Castor Oil Mixture which are  both very thick therefore locking and sealing in all the moisture. Both of these also have moisturizing properties as well. Other options are Elasta QP Mango Butter and  Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

 When I moisturize my hair in this way, I usually don’t have to re-moisturize for a maximum of one whole week when I’m in protective style (mainly box braids). I would recommend you moisturize at least every 2-3days or whenever your hair just feels dry. The LOC method has won the hearts of many, so try it out and see if you also love the results!
Until Next Time!..Xox

2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the 'Liebster Award!' All details are on my blog: http://jacksonscupoftea.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 AfroBeeBeauty